Guardian trip for budding journalistsRead More
Posted on 12th February 2018
Little Parndon Primary Academy has been rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted following an inspection on 10th & 11th January 2017, the best rating the school has ever had.
Key findings show that -
- The school is well led by the headteacher, who is determined to give every pupil the best possible opportunities for success. The effective senior leadership team shares her ambition and vision for the school.
- The leadership team has brought about strong improvements in the quality of teaching and, consequently, good progress for pupils in reading, writing and mathematics.
- The local advisory board is committed to working with the school to ensure continuous improvement. It provides a good level of support and challenge.
- The curriculum is well designed and provides stimulating activities that engage pupils. It actively promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and their understanding of British values.
- Pupils’ personal development is outstanding. They take responsibility for their learning and for jobs around the school. They take care of themselves, and others, very well.
- Parents are very positive about the school’s work. They appreciate the safe and happy learning environment that the school provides for pupils.
- Teaching is not always challenging enough for the most able pupils. Consequently, these pupils do not consistently make the progress of which they are capable.
- Adults are not always deployed effectively to ensure that they provide support to pupils who require it during lessons. As a result, where this is the case, progress for these pupils slows.
- Leaders, including the members of the local advisory board, thoroughly monitor all aspects of the school’s work, but they do not effectively evaluate the information they have gathered in enough detail to impact fully on school improvement.
Headteacher, Sophie Laing said -
“The staff and I have worked relentlessly, since my appointment two and a half years ago, to raise standards for all the children here at Little Parndon Primary. Together with great teaching, we have created and delivered a stimulating curriculum, full of opportunity that inspires and excites the children. Our school environment is a place where they feel safe, happy and able to aspire to their ambitions.
We are incredibly proud of our ‘Good’ grading and what it now means for our community, as the best grading the school has ever achieved.”
A parent quoted in the report said -
“The school is full of happiness and shares a real sense of family.”
The full report can be read here.
Little Parndon joined the Burnt Mill Academy Trust April 2013.